General Privacy Statement
Collection of personal information
You can shop or browse our Websites without providing us with any personal information.
However, we are required to collect personal information in the following cases:
- You buy, order, exchange or return items.
- You use a credit card to complete a purchase and we need to collect your credit card information to process and administer your payment. We may also collect your billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and the message to be placed on a gift card in order to be able to deliver the product(s) ordered.
- You subscribe to our newsletter.
- You subscribe to our mailing list to receive our newsletter or other promotional communications and personal information is collected, such as your first name, last name, email address and postal address.
- You send a comment or a question to customer service by e-mail or through our chat service. At this time, when you write to Royal Wood Shavings (Litière Royal inc.)’s customer service to send comments or otherwise, please note that we may use what you have sent us to improve our products and services offered.
- You visit our Websites, and the following information is automatically obtained and compiled to help us evaluate and improve your experience of our Websites: your Internet protocol (IP) address and name registration information domain associated with it, the identification of your Internet browser, the operating system and platform you are using, the date and time of your visit.
Use of personal information
The relationship between Royal Wood Shavings (Litière Royal inc.) and each of our customers is very important to us and we want to provide you with products that will exceed your expectations and continuous, value-added service. We collect and use the information that you voluntarily submit to us to provide you with a service and to complete the transaction that you authorize. This may involve the following:
- Provide reliable and prompt services (promotions, special prizes, contests, guarantees and surveys).
- Establish and maintain a relationship with our customers to provide them
with ongoing customer support.
- Assist our clients in administrative and transactional functions related to credit cards.
- Develop, implement, market, and manage the products and services
offered to customers.
- Protect our clients and Royal Wood Shavings (Litière Royal inc.) against
fraud and errors.
- Comply with legal requirements and obligations.
- Communication of personal information.
The choice of disclosing or not disclosing your personal information always rests with you. However, the decision to withhold certain personal information could restrict or prevent Royal Wood Shavings (Litière Royal inc.) in its ability to provide you with goods and services such as eligibility for certain promotional offers and the personalization of your online experience. Note that we do not sell, license, or trade your personal information with or to other parties for marketing purposes. However, we may disclose your information to third parties in the following cases:
We may communicate your personal information to a company of the Royal Wood Shavings (Litière Royal inc.) group so that it can communicate with you and send you promotional material or additional information on its products, services, promotions and special offers which are likely to interest you.
Sale of business
In the event of a sale of all or substantially all our business or a similar transaction, we may transfer or disclose your personal information to an actual or prospective buyer, who may then collect, use, and communicate for the purpose of evaluating, executing a proposed transaction, or operating and managing the affairs of the acquiree or for other purposes covered by this policy.
We may pass your personal information to third parties that are not our group companies to process it on our behalf. In such a case, the information will be processed in accordance with agreements prohibiting these third parties from using or disclosing the personal information other than for the purposes of its processing and imposing security mechanisms adapted to the sensitivity of the information. We only provide these third parties with the personal information necessary to provide their specific service.
Obligations provided for by law
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information where required by law, in connection with legal or regulatory proceedings, and in response to requests from government law enforcement authorities exercising a legitimate right to obtain this information or to our legal advisors, or, if necessary, to protect the property, interests and rights of Royal Wood Shavings (Litière Royal inc.).
Cookies and pixel tags
Our Websites use a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a small piece of data that our Websites can send to your browser and which can then be saved on your hard drive to enable us to recognize you when you return. Most browsers are designed to accept cookies, but they can easily be configured to refuse them. The cookies used on this site are harmless. You have the choice to refuse them from your browser, but this at the possible cost of causing you to lose some of the benefits of the site.
Our site may also use a technology called “web beacons”. This technology allows us to know which pages of our Websites you visit. These pixel tags are used to help us optimize and personalize our Websites for you and future site visitors.
Links to other websites
If you wish to delete your personal information from our database or withdraw your consent to receive commercial communications, please submit a request electronically through the Contact page form, or by phone at 1 888-792-3340.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our communications mailing list, simply go to the “Unsubscribe” link included in all our emails, then click on “Unsubscribe”.
Privacy Officer :
Eric Fortin, CEO.
By email :
Please use the Contact page’s form.
By mail :
250-2327 Boul. Versant Nord
Québec (QC) G1N 4C2
By phone :