First of all, because of the quality of the product itself, such as shavings that have been screened vs. those that have not been screened.
- Made from primary-processed soft wood
- Consistent from one bag to another, from one order to another
- Packaged in bags instead of in bulk
- Provided in quality packaging that meets the different needs of customers
Then there are external factors, to name a few:
- A significant change in the exchange rate
- Long delivery distances. The price will be higher if the order must be sent to a distance greater than 650 miles (1053 kilometers), which is considered remote and for which more expensive rates apply
- The availability of raw materials
- The market price
Obviously, a higher quality product may be slightly more expensive than a low-quality, secondary-processed product that poses health risks to your animals, such as hard wood, remanufactured wood, shavings that are unscreened and not kiln-dried, or those sold in bulk, etc. However, the benefits of quality bedding, like optimal absorption, reduced dust content, easy clean-up, economical to use, etc. will make it just as cost-effective as kthe low-end or economy bedding, while guaranteeing your animals’ safety. Check it out for yourself by ordering free samples of our horse bedding products now.